15-Minute Pasta Aglio e Olio With Toasty Breadcrumbs | Killing Thyme — This easy peasy weeknight wonder is full of garlicky goodness with a punch of chili heat. Toasted breadcrumbs add extra nom-factor.
- 1 lb angel hair pasta can substitute spaghetti
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 3 crushed dried chili peppers can substitute with chili flakes; 1/2 tsp+ chili flakes
- 1/2 cup toasted bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley finely chopped
- Toss the breadcrumbs and parsley in a small, dry saucepan. Toast over medium-low heat until the breadcrumbs are golden brown. Stir frequently to prevent burning. Always keep a close eye on the breadcrumbs, because once they start to brown, they brown very quickly! Once the breadcrumbs are golden and fragrant, set aside.
- Bring salted water to a boil and add the pasta. Boil for approx. 2 minutes or until almost al dente (refer to packaging for timing — different noodles vary in cooking time, but angel hair doesn't take long to cook). Ladle a spoonful or two of pasta water into a separate bowl and set aside; drain pasta.
- Get full recipe==>>killingthyme.net