A creamy roasted garlic cauliflower soup with plenty of asiago cheese and a crunchy popped quinoa and chia seed topping!
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup cream or milk
- 1/2 cup asiago, grated
- salt, pepper and cayenne to taste
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat, add the onions, carrots and celery and cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Mix in the garlic, thyme and flour and cook until the flour is lightly browned, about 2-3 minutes.
- Get full recipe==>>closetcooking.com