A mouthwatering blend of flavors in the best ever vegan quinoa chili – the perfect bowl of comfort and yumminess that you can enjoy guilt-free!
- 1 medium yellow or white onion diced ( + coconut or olive oil)
- 3 small or 2 large sweet potatoes diced (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt + more to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 4 cups vegetable broth low sodium, divided
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked (you will not need to rinse if using Bob's Red Mill quinoa)
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels frozen, canned or roasted
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté diced onion in about 2 teaspoons oil until translucent and soft. Add diced sweet potato and spices (all are optional). Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 3 cups vegetable broth and bring mixture to a low boil on medium high heat, then lower heat to medium-low and simmer. Add quinoa, beans, corn and cinnamon stick; cover and cook for 30 minutes more and until the sweet potatoes are fork tender and the chili is thick. Once chili is done cooking, stir in additional cup of vegetable broth. Taste and add more seasonings as needed.
- Get full recipe==>>kimscravings.com