These Classic Lemon Bars feature an easy homemade shortbread crust and a sweet and tangy lemon filling. These bars are so easy to make and perfect for lemon lovers!
Ingredients:For the crust:
- 1 and 3/4 cups (220 grams) all-purpose flour (spooned & leveled)
- 1/4 cup (32 grams) cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (230 grams) unsalted butter, softened
For the lemon filling:
- 1 and 1/2 cups (300 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (32 grams) all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (120ml) fresh lemon juice
Instructions:To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13 baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper, making sure to leave some overhang for easy removal, and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, sugar, and salt. Cube the butter into smaller pieces and add to the flour mixture. Using a pastry cutter (or your hands) cut the butter into the mixture until it's crumbly and starts to come together. Scoop the mixture into the prepared baking pan and press it down into one even layer.
- Get full recipe==>>livewellbakeoften.com