Perfectly seared cranberry maple pork chops. Gluten free, one pan, ready in under 30 minutes.
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1.5 – 2 inches thick
- 8-10 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon whole pepper corns
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- Add the salt, molasses, and water to a large bowl, stirring until thoroughly mixed. Add in the rosemary sprigs and peppercorns, followed by the pork chops. Add more water as necessary to ensure the pork chops are submerged. Cover tightly and refrigerate several hours or overnight (recommended). Remove pork chops from the brine and pat dry.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the pork chops and sear until pork is browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Flip the pork chops and continue to cook until the center reaches 140 °F, about 10 minutes. Transfer the pork chops to a plate or cutting board and tent loosely with foil.
- Get full recipe==>>bunsenburnerbakery.com