These may look like pretty standard peanut butter cookies, but one bite will tell you that’s not the case. There’s just a little extra something. Something a little richer. Something more flavorful. Yep, it’s cream cheese!
I tweaked my basic peanut butter cookie recipe, decreasing the butter and adding some cream cheese. I had done a similar thing with chocolate chip cookies a while back, so I was excited to try a similar twist with peanut butter cookies.
- 1 & 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- sanding sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, cream cheese, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, and mix well. Mix in the peanut butter.
- Get full recipe==>>bakeorbreak.com