Bring your Mexican date night home with these Crispy Beer Battered Fish Tacos that are perfect for pairing with a marg and chips and salsa.
Ingredients:For the Slaw
- ⅔ head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, grated
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the Fish
- 1 quart vegetable, for frying
- 1 pound thick-cut cod pieces
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 oz light beer
- 8-10 corn or flour tortillas, toasted
- Lime wedges, guacamole, and salsa, for serving
Instructions:For the Slaw
- Combine the cabbage, carrot, and onion in a large bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and then pour over the cabbage mixture and stir. Set aside until your fish is ready. This step can be made 2 hours ahead of time if you wish.
For the Fish
- Heat oil in a deep Dutch oven to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Pat the fish dry, and season with salt and pepper.
- While the oil comes to temp, combine flour, garlic powder, 1 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoons pepper. Stir egg into dry ingredients.
- Get full recipe==>>mymoderncookery.com