Crispy, juicy and absolutely delicious! This traditional Greek lamb meatballs recipe (Keftedes arni) is a must try!
- 1 kg ground lamb (35 oz.).
- 1 large red onion, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 a cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp finely grated Greek kefalotyri cheese or good-quality pecorino or Parmigiano-Reggiano (optional)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- flour for dredging
- oil for frying
- To prepare this traditional Greek lamb meatballs recipe (arnisioi keftedes), add all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix , squeezing with your hands, to allow the flavours to blend. Cover the bowl with some plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- To form your Greek lamb meatballs, roll the mixture into balls, the size of a walnut. Dredge lightly each meatball in flour, until well covered. Transfer to a plate, shaking off any excess flour.
- Get full recipe==>>mygreekdish.com