This is a simple dish that you will make again and again.
- 6 chicken thigh fillets
- 1/2 red capsicum cut into strips
- 200 gm coconut cream
- 4 pcs lemongrass crushed slightly
- 6 kaffir lime leaves sliced finely
- 2 limes 1 lime for juice - 1 lime for serving
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander
- 8 shallots (small onion -not green spring onion)
- 12 cloves garlic
- 5 small hot red chilli
- 4 large mild red chilli
- 30 gm fresh ginger peeled
- 30 gm galangal peeled
- 30 gm fresh tumeric peeled
- 3 tsp tamarind paste
- 1 tsp coriander seed
- 1 TBS palm sugar
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Place all the spice paste ingredients in TM Bowl. Blend 10 sec/Speed 9.
- Scrape down the bowl. Blend 30sec/Speed 9. Repeat until paste forms. (Alternatively, pulse in a food processor)
- Place one cup of the Balinese Spice Paste in a jar and pour a thin layer of oil over the top. Seal the jar and refrigerate for future use.
Balinese Chicken Curry
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Add the chicken thigh fillets to a large glass bowl.
- Pour the spice paste over the chicken. The chicken can be allowed to marinate in the spices or cooked straight away. (cover and refrigerate if marinating)
- Get full recipe==>>thermo.kitchen