This Thai-Flavored Raw Broccoli Salad was an experiment that was a happy success, and if you use approved sweetener, this tasty salad is low-carb, Keto, low-glycemic, gluten-free, meatless, dairy-free, and South Beach Diet Phase One.
- 7-8 cups bite-sized broccoli flowerets
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 3 T fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2 T fish sauce
- 1 T Splenda, Stevia In the Raw, or sugar (use Splenda or Stevia for South Beach diet)
- 1/2-1 tsp. hot pepper flakes (we used about 3/4 tsp.)
- Trim broccoli stems and cut broccoli into bite-sized flowerets. (To cut broccoli without making a mess, cut through the stem and then pull apart the broccoli flower. This avoids getting little crumbs of broccoli all over the place as you do when you cut clear through it.) If the broccoli isn’t really crisp, give it a dunk in cold water and then spin dry or dry with paper towels.
- Mix together the lime juice, fish sauce, sweetener, and hot pepper flakes to make the dressing. Thinly slice the red onion, chop the mint, and chop the peanuts.
- Get full recipe==>>kalynskitchen.com