Pasta salad is an essential summer staple. Highlight freshly picked summer produce with this easy tomato basil tortellini salad.
- 20 oz. refrigerated cheese or spinach-filled tortellini
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- juice from 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 cups halved cherry tomatoes, grape, or small heirloom tomatoes
- 2 ears of corn, grilled or raw, kernels removed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- Prepare refrigerated tortellini according to package directions.
- While tortellini cooks, combine olive oil, half of Parmesan cheese, lemon zest and juice, garlic, balsamic vinegar, and salt in a blender or food processor, processing until smooth. Toss the olive oil mixture with the hot, drained tortellini. Stir in the tomatoes, corn, and basil. Top with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Get full recipe==>>bunsenburnerbakery.com