General Tso's Chick Peas (Vegan, Gluten-Free) is a delicious and healthy alternative to chicken or even tofu for those who are avoiding soy. The chickpeas absorbed the flavors of its marinade well, it is quick and easy to prepare. Its delicious served over steamed brown rice and steamed broccoli.
I was inspired by this dish after I made a Jamaican jerked chickpeas, it was too spicy for posting and so I decided to further tweak the recipe. In the meantime, I decided to come up with other dishes.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, or 1 (15-ounces) can
- 1 tablespoon Bragg liquid aminos/tamari/coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch, or cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 green onions, sliced, extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon roasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth, or aquafaba
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar, or sweetener of choice
- 2 teaspoons Bragg liquid aminos
- In a medium bowl, add chickpeas, liquid aminos, lemon juice and tapioca starch. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat, add garlic, ginger and spring onions. Cook for 1-2 minutes stirring constantly until fragrant. Add chickpeas and stir to coat.
- Get full recipe==>>healthiersteps.com