This Gnocchi Mac and Cheese recipe is rich, creamy, classic, and oh-so-comforting and delicious.
- 2 (1-pound) packages *DeLallo mini potato gnocchi or 3 (12-ounce) packages DeLallo gluten-free potato and rice gnocchi)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter or DeLallo extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 1 1/4 cups freshly-grated fontina cheese
- 1 cup freshly-grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon finely-ground black pepper, or more to taste
- (optional toppings: finely-chopped fresh parsley or basil, extra Parmesan cheese)
- Cook the gnocchi in a large stockpot of generously-salted boiling water, according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, as you are waiting for the water to come to a boil and for the gnocchi to cook, make your cheese sauce. Begin by whisking the cornstarch and the vegetable/chicken stock together in a small bowl until the cornstarch is completely dissolved. Set aside. (Be sure that the stock is room temperature or cooler, otherwise the cornstarch will not dissolve.)
- Get full recipe==>>gimmesomeoven.com