Healthy pumpkin bread It's much easier to slice off exactly how much I'm craving, it bakes up quicker, and it's so easy to freeze the extra loaves. We're able to enjoy one loaf fresh, and the other three stay fresh in the freezer until we're ready to eat them. And of course, they're great for gifting to your favorite health-conscious, dairy-free or vegan friends!
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour (see Flour Note below)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg or allspice
- ½ teaspoon baking powder (omit over 4000 feet for higher altitude)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1½ cups pumpkin puree
- ½ cup maple syrup (can sub honey)
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar (for less sweet) or firmly packed brown sugar (for more sweet)
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed / flaxmeal
- ¼ cup grapeseed, rice bran, or other neutral-tasting oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup unsweetened vanilla dairy-free milk beverage (I used Ripple, which is richer than most)
- ½ cup optional add-ins (raisins, dairy-free chocolate chips, chopped nuts, dried cranberries, etc)
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and grease 4 mini loaf pans (5x3-inch each) or 1 9x5-inch loaf pan. Flour the inside bottom(s) of the loaf pan(s).
- Put the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg or allspice, baking powder (if using), salt, and cloves in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Get full recipe==>>godairyfree.org