Old Fashioned Hot Milk Cake is a light and fluffy vanilla cake. This Depression-Era treat is made from simple ingredients and perfectly sweet, even when served plain.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup milk (see notes)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar for dusting, optional
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Adjust an oven rack to the middle position. Grease and flour a 12-cup tube pan or Bundt cake pan.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Stir in milk and vanilla and continue to heat until small bubbles form around the outside of the pan and the mixture is very hot but not boiling. Reduce heat to low.
- Get full recipe==>>culinaryhill.com