The perfect traditional Greek rice pilau (pilafi) recipe! Fluffy, fragrant rice and crispy, tender, fall of the bone chicken thighs with a delicious lemon kick!
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin on
- 1 1/2 cup rice (long grain rice or basmati)
- 2 tbsps butter
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- juice of 1 lemon (or more if you prefer)
- 6-7 peppercorns
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2-3 tbsps olive oil
- 150g/5 oz. feta cheese for garnish (optional)
- To prepare this Greek rice pilaf recipe with chicken thighs, start by washing thoroughly the chicken thighs and pat them dry with some kitchen paper. Drizzle the chicken thighs with olive oil, season well with salt and pepper and rub using your hands.
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat and place the chicken thighs inside. Let them colour and cook for about 6 minutes on each side, until the skin is nicely coloured and crispy. Remove the chicken thighs from the pan and set side.
- Get full recipe==>>mygreekdish.com