Looking for the perfect veggie burger? Look no further than these easy, gluten free, mushroom black bean burgers. Sturdy enough to grill but just as delicious cooked in a skillet.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 20 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 (15 ounce) can of black beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- desired toppings: hamburger buns, lettuce, tomato, onion, ketchup, additional cheese, etc.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and sautee, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms have released their juice and cooked down, 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using a food processor or high powered blender, pulse the oats until finely ground. Add in the mushroom mixture, black beans, salt, thyme, and rosemary. Pulse in 1 second bursts until the mushrooms and beans are finely chopped, but not yet a paste.
- Get full recipe==>>bunsenburnerbakery.com