EASY Lemon Coconut Paleo Energy Bars that are lower in sugar and NO BAKING required. These zesty energy bars are made with just a few simple ingredients; ground nuts, lemon zest, unsweetened coconut, and just a tiny bit of unrefined natural sugar. Perfect for the carb conscious snacker. Vegan friendly.
Ingredients:For the Bar Base
- Parchment paper or wax paper to line pan
- 1 2/3 cup slivered almonds (blanched) or 1 3/4 cups raw almonds (whole).
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (to grind)
- 1 tbsp starch (arrowroot or tapioca work best)
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup (see notes for sugar free option)
- Lemon zest
- Optional Lemon juice (1 tbsp or so)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Optional lemon extract 1/2 tsp
- 4 tbsp ground flaxseeds (or swap with protein powder if desired, see notes)
All ground then mixed with water/honey and pressed into lined 8×8 pan.
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Lemon zest/peel
- 1/2 to 1 tsp coconut oil
- See notes for other sweetener options
- First line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, grind your almonds and cashews into a finer mealy texture. I find that slivered almonds (vs whole) work best.
- Get full recipe==>>cottercrunch.com