Old-Fashioned Iced Oatmeal Cookies ~ Soft in the middle and crispy on the edges, sweet, but not overly so, and the cinnamon and nutmeg really shine through. A really terrific cookie!
Ingredients:FOR THE COOKIES:
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats *
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (2 sticks)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
FOR THE ICING:
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- (you may substitute milk for the cream - start with 3 tablespoons then add more milk if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
- Add the rolled oats to a food processor and pulse 10 times. Don't over process because you want a variety of textures not just a ground oat flour. In a large mixing bowl combine the oats, flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk or stir to combine. Set aside.
- Get full recipe==>>savingdessert.com