A sweet and savory, hearty salad that's perfect for lunch or dinner! Roasted butternut squash, apples, perfectly cooked chicken and greens topped with crunchy toasted pecans and a creamy dairy free maple cider dressing.
Ingredients:for the chicken*
- 1 lb organic chicken tenderloins
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil melted
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
for the salad:
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- 3 cups butternut squash cubed, 1"
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- fine grain sea salt
- 1 med-large apple sliced thin
- 1 cup raw pecans roughly chopped
for the maple dressing:
- 1 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 3 tsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp spicy brown mustard
- dash sea salt
Instructions:make the dressing**
- Put all dressing ingredients in a tall cup and blend with an immersion blender (regular blender is okay too, just add ingredients to blender as usual)
- When all is combined and creamy, transfer to a glass jar, cover and refrigerate while you prepare the rest.
roast the butternut:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Put the cubed butternut in a bowl with the 1 tbsp melted coconut oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sea salt, then spread out in a single layer on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast for about 30 minutes - until golden brown and soft.
- Get full recipe==>>paleorunningmomma.com