Make a big batch of these Paleo Slow Cooker Meatballs for a delicious stress-free dinner! Easy, Whole30, Paleo friendly, and kid friendly meatballs in marinara sauce that makes enough for a crowd and great for leftovers. Serve with veggie noodles, sweet potatoes, or even eggs – they’re perfect with anything!
Ingredients:for the meatballs:
- 1 and 3/4 lbs ground beef 85% lean*
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 3/4 tsp fine grain sea salt divided
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning blend**
- generous pinch crushed red pepper adjust for spice preference
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley - optional
for the sauce:
- 1 - 28 oz can crushed tomatoes with basil***
- 1 - 14 oz can diced tomatoes with basil and garlic***
- 1 - 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- sea salt to taste
Instructions:to make the meatballs:
- In a small bowl, mix together the almond flour, 1/2 tsp of the sea salt, onion and garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper.
- In a large bowl, add the ground beef and sprinkle evenly with the remaining sea salt. Add the egg and almond flour mix (plus parsley if adding) and gently mix with your hands until the mixture binds and is evenly distributed. It's important not to work the meat too much or it becomes tough.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat your broiler. Form the meat mixture into 20 meatballs and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Get full recipe==>>paleorunningmomma.com