Pineapple Upside Down Cake, made with fresh pineapple and tepache, a type of pineapple hard cider, is the most delicious dessert you can make in a cast iron skillet! A layer of sweet and juicy pineapple pieces are smothered in a super sweet topping. Then the most moist and flavorful cake cooks on top.
- 1/2 large fresh pineapple peeled, cut lengthwise into 8 pieces, and core removed
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup hard pineapple cider can substitute with pineapple juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup hard pineapple cider can substitute with pineapple juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- I recommend making this cake in a well-seasoned 12-inch cast-iron skillet. If you don't have one, you can make the topping in a pot and then transfer it to a 9x13 baking dish.
- Get full recipe==>>selfproclaimedfoodie.com