Perfect cinnamon buns: light & tender on the inside, golden & caramelized on the outside and, best of all, quick to make.
Ingredients:For the Cinnamon Buns
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled off with knife, plus more for dusting work surface
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/4 cups low fat buttermilk
For the Glaze
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons low fat buttermilk
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a 9-inch square cake pan with aluminum foil and brush with one tablespoon butter.
- Combine the brown sugar, 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, cinnamon, cloves and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Add one tablespoon melted butter and stir with a fork or fingers until the mixture resembles wet sand. Set aside.
- Get full recipe==>>onceuponachef.com