For my cookie I decided on a simple (or simply delicious) Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprint.
Ingredients:For the dough:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (2 sticks)
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (lightly spooned into measuring cup and leveled with the flat side of a knife)
- ½ cup seedless raspberry jam
- pinch of salt
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons water (more or less as needed for drizzling consistency)
- 1½ teaspoons almond extract
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, granulated sugar and ½ teaspoon almond extract. Beat at medium speed until the butter mixture is creamy. Scrape sides of mixing bowl as needed. Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the flour and a pinch of salt. Mix until well blended. Cover and refrigerate the dough for 1 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on the prepared pan. Make an indentation in the center of each cookie with your smallest finger (or thumb if you want a larger pocket). The edges of the dough may crack slightly. Fill each with a heaping ¼ teaspoon jam.
- Get full recipe==>>savingdessert.com