Red velvet cake with a nice creamy cheese middle. Try this dessert out this weekend!
- 3 cups (345g) cake flour (spoon & leveled)1
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons (10g) natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature2
- 2 cups (400g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (240ml) canola or vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs, room temperature and separated
- 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons (22ml) vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- liquid or gel red food coloring3
- 1 cup (240ml) buttermilk, room temperature4
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 16 ounces (450g) full-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature5
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 4 cups (480g) confectioners' sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons (30-45ml) cream or milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray or lightly butter two 9x2 (deep dish) cake pans6. Set aside.
- Make the cake: Whisk the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Get full recipe==>>sallysbakingaddiction.com