Here’s how to make an old-school Salisbury steak, just like you remember it (unless you remember it from TV dinners or school cafeteria lunches — in which case this recipe with caramelized onion gravy is way better).
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/4 Cup Dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Kosher Salt (to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2-3 Tablespoons Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 ½ Cups Beef Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 6 oz Mushrooms (Optional), sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley (Optional), chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, tomato paste, yellow mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, garlic powder, breadcrumbs, pepper, and salt. Mix well to combine all of the ingredients. Shape the meat mixture into four oval-shaped patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for about a minute, then add the butter. Place the meat patties in the skillet and cook them for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until they’re well-browned. Remove the patties from the skillet and set them aside.
- Get full recipe==>>tiphero.com