A homestyle comfort food pot roast take on beef stroganoff using slowly braised, fall apart tender, beef which is smothered in a super tasty, umami packed mushroom, onion, paprika and sour cream sauce!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Ontario Corn Fed stewing beef such as chuck, round, brisket, cut into 2 inch pieces
- salt, pepper and paprika to taste
- 1 onion, diced or sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered or sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons thyme, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dry thyme)
- 2 teaspoons paprika*
- 2 tablespoons flour (or rice flour for gluten-free)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (or soy sauce or tamari)
- 2 teaspoons dried dill (optional)*
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat, add the beef (seasoned with salt, pepper and paprika) and cook until lightly browned, about 7-10 minutes per side, before setting aside.
- Add the onions and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms have released their liquids, the liquids have cooked off and the mushroom start to caramelize and turn light golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Get full recipe==>>closetcooking.com