This is a simple, easy and delicious salmon recipe. If you love salmon, you will love this marinate; it brings out unique and awesome flavors. I like it to serve it with roasted broccoli or cauliflower mash, but I'll leave it up to you. Give it a try though, this Thai Sweet Chili Glazed Salmon is hip, Fleetwood Mac hip.
- 1 ½ lbs / 680 gr (or four 6-oz pieces) salmon, skin on or off
- 3 tablespoons organic wheat-free soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
Thai Sweet Chili Paste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, finely chopped (white and green parts)
- 3 teaspoons red pepper flakes (adjust depending on how hot you like your food to be)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (I used Red Boat)
- 2 tablespoons raw coconut palm sugar (or raw organic honey)
- 1 ½ tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon tamarind paste (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add scallions and garlic, and saute’ until light golden brown and slightly crispy about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove garlic and scallions with a slotted spoon from the oil and transfer to a food processor (or a pestle & mortar). Leave remaining oil in the pan.
- Add red pepper flakes, fish sauce, sugar, lime, water and tamarind (if using) to the food processor and blend until a thick paste forms (if needed, add a couple more tablespoons of water to make the blending process easier.)
- Get full recipe==>>theironyou.com