Turn your leftover Thanksgiving stuffing into Cheesy Stuffing Breakfast Cakes! Golden and crispy on the outside, moist and cheesy on the inside, and ready to go in only 20 minutes! The perfect breakfast recipe for the day after Thanksgiving.
Ingredients:FOR THE STUFFING CAKES
- 2 cups leftover stuffing
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella, cheddar, or similar melty cheese
TO COOK AND SERVE
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 5 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Optional toppings: cooked bacon; Canadian bacon or ham; leftover gravy; hollandaise sauce; sautéed spinach or mushrooms; chopped fresh herbs such as thyme, rosemary, parsley, or chives
- Place the stuffing in a large bowl, gently breaking up any large clumps. Add the egg and stir to combine, making sure that all of the stuffing is evenly moistened. Stir in the cheese.
- Portion 1/3 cup of the stuffing mixture into your hands and shape into a patty that is about 3 inches wide and 1/2-inch thick. Repeat for remaining mixture. You will have about 5 patties total.
- Get full recipe==>>wellplated.com