Vegan Corn Chowder ~ It's super creamy, flavor-packed & satisfying. You'll get a taste of fresh sweet corn in every bite!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews , soaked in water 3-4 hours (*See Note)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened soy milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion , diced
- 2 celery stalks , diced
- 2 medium carrots , diced or sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2-3 med/large cloves garlic , minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (*See Note)
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth , low sodium (*See Note)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 medium russet potatoes , peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt , more to taste
- 3 cups fresh corn , cut off kernels from corn cobs (frozen can be used)
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Fresh cracked pepper , to taste
- 1/2 cup green onion , sliced (for topping)
- Blend the soy milk & cashews (discard soaking water) together until very smooth. Set aside.
- In a large soup pot, heat oil & butter over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add celery, carrots, garlic, thyme, crushed red pepper, Sauté about 5-7 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- Add wine and turn heat up to medium-high to simmer. Once simmering turn heat back to medium. Cook wine down, about 3-5 minutes. Stir often.
- Get full recipe==>>veganhuggs.com