Iced gems are a childhood favourite of mine. Colourful, sugary icing piped onto a small biscuit base… so simple, so cute and so delicious!
- 75 g / 1/3 cup vegan butter or coconut oil softened
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 125 g / 1 cup plain flour or gluten-free flour
- 1/2 batch of eggless royal icing
- optional various vegan natural food dyes
- Beat the vegan butter and sugar together in a large bowl. Sift in the flour and mix until it forms a firm dough. Wrap in cling film and chill for approx 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 350f and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thick and use a 2cm cookie cutter (I used a small bottle cap) to create the biscuit bases. Transfer them to the baking trays and bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden.
- Get full recipe==>>wallflowerkitchen.com