These Christmas Breakfast Crepes are not only good for you, they look absolutely amazing. This is a great crowd-pleasing recipe for Christmas morning and can definitely be used for breakfasts all year round, too.
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves or frozen, thawed
- coarse salt
- 1 + ½ cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil (plus extra for greasing the pan)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3-4 plum tomatoes, diced, seeds removed
- 3 cloves, garlic minced
- coarse salt and fresh black pepper
- 2 cups fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- In a food processor pulse together the spinach, milk, eggs, butter and basil just until combined. Add the flour and 1 teaspoon coarse salt, puree until smooth and allow mixture to rest 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes heat a crepe pan, flat griddle or 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Mix the batter up again with a spoon then use a 1/2 cup ladle to pour batter into the center of the pan, use the bottom of the ladle to carefully spread the batter out into a thin circle. When crepe is dry around the edges and golden brown on the bottom flip and cook until golden brown. Repeat, greasing the pan each time until all the crepe batter is cooked.
- Get full recipe==>>cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com