This turmeric coconut basmati rice is a flavorful rice side dish recipe that’s easy to make! Garlic, ginger, and onion are sautéed and cooked with basmati rice and turmeric in a coconut milk/water mixture for a creamy dish, and topped with chopped fresh basil for serving.
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 7 oz lite coconut milk (about half a can)
- 1 1/4 cup water
- Chopped fresh basil leaves for serving
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add diced onion, minced garlic, grated ginger, and salt and stir. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, occasionally stirring, or until onions have become golden and soft, but haven't yet browned.
- Add the rice and turmeric to the saucepan and stir until evenly combined. Let rice cook for just a few minutes, stirring frequently, and then add coconut milk and water. Stir to combine, and then raise heat to let liquid come to a boil.
- Get full recipe==>>mysequinedlife.com