Carrot Hot Dogs can be topped any way you like. Plus, they’re grillable which make them great for vegan summer BBQ's! Leave the unhealthy mock meats at the store and slide a carrot between those buns instead! Grilling, stovetop and oven directions included!
- 8-10 organic carrots, peeled and cut to size
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons tamari (or soy sauce)
- 3 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Boil the prepped carrots for about 10 min to soften them until they are just fork tender. You don't want to fully cook the carrots, but the fork shouldn't have too much resistance going in. Think hot dog tender. I test the carrots by poking one with a fork. Once the fork pierces the center of the carrot without too much force they’re done.
- While the carrots boil, prep the marinade. Mix all the ingredients in a shallow glass dish.
- Get full recipe==>>whereyougetyourprotein.com