This avocado + heirloom tomato toast with balsamic drizzle showcases late summer's finest garden produce. Hearty bread is slathered with olive oil, toasted, and topped with cream avocado, juicy heirloom tomatoes, and fresh basil. Balsamic reduction is gently drizzled over top, and the pretty little toasts are then flecked with sea salt and black pepper.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 slices hearty, seeded bread
- olive oil
- 2 small heirloom tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 a ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Make the balsamic reduction by adding the balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring the balsamic to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until balsamic has reduced by half and is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Make sure you keep an eye on it -- it burns quickly.
- Slather each slice of bread with a drizzle of olive oil and toast.
- Get full recipe==>>blissfulbasil.com