Crispy and snappy gluten free gingerbread men cookies, spiced with cinnamon and ginger, and flavored with just a touch of molasses. Make them any shape you like!
- 1 1/2 cups (210 g) all-purpose gluten free flour (I like Better Batter here)
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if your blend already contains it)
- 4 tablespoons (36 g) cornstarch (or try arrowroot)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (73 g) packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons (63 g) unsulphured molasses
- 2 tablespoons (42 g) honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons (70 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg (60 g, out of shell) at room temperature, beaten
- Royal icing, for decorating (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Line rimmed baking sheets with unbleached parchment paper and set them aside.
- In a large bowl, place the flour blend, xanthan gum, cornstarch, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt and granulated sugar, and whisk to combine well. Add the brown sugar, and whisk once more to combine, working out any lumps in the brown sugar. Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and add the molasses, honey, vanilla, butter and egg, mixing to combine after each addition. The dough will be thick and smooth, and somewhat sticky to the touch.
- Get full recipe==>>glutenfreeonashoestring.com