Fresh citrus grilled shrimp and zoodles create a light, healthy and super tasty lunch or dinner! A cilantro, lime, and orange vinaigrette acts as both a marinade and dressing for the dish, which can be served warm, or cold, as a zucchini noodle salad. Gluten free, paleo, Whole30 friendly.
Ingredients:for the dressing/marinade:
- 1.5 tsp finely grated lime zest from one med lime
- 1.5 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp fresh minced cilantro
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1.5 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2-3/4 tsp fine grain sea salt plus more to season shrimp before cooking
- 1/4 tsp black pepper OR chipotle chili powder for extra spice (1/4 tsp will add significant spice)
- 1 tsp honey optional - adding honey makes the recipe no longer whole30 compliant
shrimp and zoodles:
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper to season the shrimp right before cooking
- 3-4 zucchini medium, spiralized, plus 1/4-1/2 tsp salt (to "sweat" the zucchini)
- extra cilantro for garnish
- To create the marinade, blend all ingredients on low, or whisk together in a bowl, except for olive oil, then stream the olive oil in with the blender running on low or while whisking.
- Pour the dressing into a container, and reserve 3 Tbsp of the dressing to marinate the shrimp. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour. The rest of the dressing should be covered and refrigerated until ready to use.
- Get full recipe==>>paleorunningmomma.com