Complete with a savory marinade and a decadent, sweet chili cream sauce, this Coconut Crusted Tofu tastes just like a tropical beach vacation.
Ingredients:For the Coconut Crusted Tofu
- 14 ounces extra-firm tofu
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 small lime, juiced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil, for frying
For the Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (from a 15-oz. can of full-fat coconut milk)
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- Press the tofu with several layers of paper towel to remove as much water as possible. Cut the tofu into ½-inch slabs and press with paper towels again.
- To prepare the marinade, first combine the soy sauce and coconut sugar in a small mixing bowl. Microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring in between, until the coconut sugar dissolves. This should take less than a minute. Add the lime juice and fresh ginger. Whisk to combine.
- Get full recipe==>>wellvegan.com