It’s been said that the blood of your enemies is like a sweet wine. I say why stop there? Why not bake those pirate scum themselves into something delicious for Halloween?
- 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 80ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 175ml/6 fl oz buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 teaspoons good quality strawberry jam mixed with some red food colouring to make it as bloody looking as possible.
- Preheat oven to 180 C and line a cupcake tray.
- Sift the flour into a medium bowl, then add a pinch of salt and the caster sugar.
- In a jug, combine the vegetable oil, egg, buttermilk and vanilla extract.
- Add to the dry mixture and stir to only just combine. It will be thick and fluffy.
- Get full recipe==>>rocwieler.com