Spooky Skull Vegan Pot Pies for a Haunted Halloween Dinner. Plus you send your kids off trick or treating full of veggies!
- 2 cups unbleached white flour (or use white whole wheat)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup solid coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water (plus more if needed)
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary (or 1/4 teaspoon powdered dry rosemary)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups ( package) frozen mixed vegetable blend (corn, carrots, peas and green beans)
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups diced fingerling Idaho® Potatoes, cooked until tender (use any color or a combination)
- 1 (15 ounce/ 425 g) can chickpeas, drained (or 1 1/2 cups homemade)
Instructions:MAKE THE DOUGH:
- Mix the flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the coconut oil and cut the oil into the flour using a pastry cutter, 2 knives, or a fork. It will be ready when it looks like sand.
- Add the vodka and water. Mix the dough with your hands. If it's too dry to stick together add more water a tablespoon at a time until the dough stays together, but isn't too wet to handle. Make a ball with the dough and let it chill in your fridge for about 1 hour.
MAKE THE STEW:
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. (You can water saute to make the stew oil-free). Once hot, add the onions, salt, and rosemary then saute until translucent. Add the garlic and saute another 3 minutes.
- Get full recipe==>>healthyslowcooking.com