Pumpkin Chili has never tasted so good! This comforting bowl of chili makes a delicious fall meal, and is great to serve to guests. Flavored with two different peppers, spices, and a creamy texture everyone will love this variation! Paleo and Whole30 variations also included. Are you on board the savory pumpkin recipes? I sure... Get the Recipe!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast or 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 med onion chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers chopped remove seeds to make it less spicy
- 2 poblano peppers chopped
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 15 oz of diced tomatoes or 4 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin purée
- 2 small cans of diced green chili peppers
- 1 cup of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk or 1 8 oz package of cream cheese optional but makes for a thicker and creamier chili
- Chopped cilantro shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack for garnish
- Begin by heating a large pot to medium high heat. Cut your raw chicken breasts in small chunks (or skip this and use pre-cooked chicken). Coat the pot with oil, toss in chicken and cook 3-4 minutes per side or until no longer pink. Set aside. Keep oil in pot (or add more if needed).
- Place onion in pot and cook for 3-4 minutes until fragrant. Add both poblano and jalapeño peppers. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Get full recipe==>>wholesomelicious.com