Make this crowd-pleasing Thanksgiving favorite the classic way: with buttery mashed sweet potatoes and a crunchy pecan topping.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for buttering the baking dish
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (3 to 4 large potatoes; about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Special equipment: a 2-quart baking dish
- For the filling: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- Whisk together the butter, mashed sweet potatoes, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, salt and the eggs in a large bowl. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Get full recipe==>>foodnetwork.com