Good old family classic shepherd’s pie made vegan friendly. A perfect comfort food dish for a cold winter’s day, which the whole family will enjoy (even the fussiest little eaters will love it). Vegan, gluten & dairy free.
- 1/2 cup green lentils
- 3 medium size sweet potatoes , peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp . olive oil
- 1 medium onion , finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1 medium carrot , finely grated
- 1 heaped tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tin organic chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup green peas ( I used frozen)
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 tsp red chilli flakes
- A bunch of fresh coriander
- Cook the lentils according to the packet instructions. Set aside. * You can also use pre-cooked lentils to save time (they sell them in little pouches in UK supermarkets).
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Place diced sweet potato in a pan, season with salt & pepper, cover with water & bring to a boil. Reduce to a medium heat & cook until the potatoes are soft. When cooked, cool slightly before mashing the potatoes up. Set aside.
- Get full recipe==>>fitfoodienutter.com