Tender pasta and chicken smothered in a creamy, garlicky sauce – This Creamy Garlic Penne Pasta with Chicken is a delicious and easy meal for any night of the week!
- 12 ounces penne pasta, cooked to al dente
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley, plus some for garnish
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook pasta to al dente according to package directions. Drain and set aside until ready to use.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat olive oil. Add chicken and season with a pinch or two of salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside with the pasta.
- Add 3 tablespoons of butter to the skillet and melt, then stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in flour and italian seasoning cook for about 1 minute or until golden. Whisk in milk and chicken broth and simmer for several minutes until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in half of the Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Toss the cooked pasta and chicken with the sauce to coat, then stir in remaining Parmesan cheese and ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley.