This creamy and dreamy crock pot cheesy potato soup recipe is easy to make. It's the perfect family comfort foot for busy weeknights.
- 6 large peeled, Yukon Gold potatoes cut in 1/2 -inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4-6 cups cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cold milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1 pound Velveeta Cheese, cut into chunks
- Bacon, fried and crumbled, optional
- green onions, optional
- Add the potatoes, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and the chicken broth to a 4 quart or larger crock pot, stir and cook on high for about 3 ½ hours OR 6-8 HOURS ON LOW, until potatoes are completely cooked and fork tender.
- At the end of the cooking time in step 1, whisk the 3 tablespoons of flour into the 1 cup of cold milk until smooth.
- Get full recipe==>>dearcrissy.com