Blueberry cake with an easy lemon glaze - a healthy whole grain dessert recipe with no butter or oil!
Ingredients:FOR THE BLUEBERRY CAKE
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (I use white whole wheat flour)
- 2 cups oats (I use old fashioned)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups plain yogurt (low-fat or fat-free)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (slightly less than a pint)
FOR THE LEMON GLAZE
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-5 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350. Generously grease a 9-inch round springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir well to combine.
- In a separate medium bowl, add the yogurt, applesauce, eggs, vanilla, and lemon zest and juice. Stir well to combine, breaking up any lumps from the yogurt.
- Get full recipe==>>familyfoodonthetable.com