This Cauliflower Sweet Potato Turmeric Soup is so flavourful and comforting, I just love it. It’s started off with onion, garlic and carrot and then simmered with cauliflower, sweet potato, coconut milk and turmeric for an extra flavourful, hearty and creamy soup that’s perfect on a cold day and loaded with nourishment. Try it topped off with roasted chickpeas, curried roasted cauliflower and fresh cilantro
- 1 medium white onion (300 g), diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp peeled fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 large or 2 small carrots (160 g), peeled and diced
- 4 cups (400 g) cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 2 cups (350 g) peeled and diced sweet potato
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup canned coconut milk (see notes)
- good pinch of black pepper, or to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice
- In a soup pot over medium heat, saute the onion, garlic, ginger, carrot, cauliflower and sweet potato in 1/4 cup of the vegetable broth until fragrant and starting to soften, about 10 minutes. Add a splash more broth if it’s starting to stick.
- Add the turmeric, stir and cook for another minute.
- Get full recipe==>>runningonrealfood.com