30-Minute Beef Stroganoff! Comforting, savory and made gluten/dairy-free with real ingredients!
- 2 tablespoons butter (or olive oil)
- 1-1.5 lbs thinly-sliced steak or ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1 small (or 1/2 a large) white or yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 8 oz thinly sliced cremini or baby bella mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or 1/2 cup more beef broth)
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
For the cashew cream:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews + 1/2 cup beef broth (or water) + 2 teaspoons lemon juice (or 1/2 cup sour cream)
- optional garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the beef in an even layer, season generously with salt and pepper and let cook without moving for 3-4 minutes to get a nice sear. Stir and cook on the other side for another 2-3 minutes.Transfer to a plate. If using ground beef, spread the beef into an even layer then season with salt and pepper. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to break up the beef and cook until no longer pink. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion, and a little more butter if needed to the now empty pan. Cook on medium heat until softened, about 6-8 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until softened, another 6-8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Get full recipe==>>meaningfuleats.com