The best Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread Recipe since freshly baked bread. Super easy cheese bread appetizer that is guaranteed to knock your socks off Italian style!
- 1 loaf (10 oz) Italian Crusty bread loaf or sourdough round
- 8 oz fontina cheese
- 2.5 tbsp butter salted at room temperature
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1/4 c Italian parsley roughly chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- a pinch of sea salt
- leaves Parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375”F
- in a small bowl whisk together the soft butter with the grated garlic, red pepper flakes, sea salt and 1/4 c of the chopped parsley.
- Using a bread serrated knife cut 1 inch slices into the bread, making sure NOT to cut all the way through the bottom. It needs to fan out much like an accordion, with the bottom intact.
- Use a butter knife and spread a thin layer of the butter mixture on each slice of the bread.
- Use the serrated knife again and cut across to form 1 inch squares. Very careful again so you DO NOT cut through the bottom of the bread.
- Slice up the cheese into small thin slices, similar size to the square size of the bread. Try and stuff one slice of each in each bread opening. Don’t worry, it is super quick process, less than 3 minutes.
- Place the cheese bread on a baking sheet and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake the garlic cheese bread in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes or so. Remove the foil and turn up the heat to 400”F . Bake a few more minutes until the top is nicely golden and crusty with the cheese oozing from the sides.
- Serve straight out of the oven sprinkled with the fresh parsley leaves.