All I can say is that it was a huge hit with my guys at the dinner table. I made it a couple of weeks ago and they are already requesting it again. The prep time seems like a lot but that is basically baking the potatoes and frying the bacon. This step can be done the day before.
- 7 mediumred potatoes - baked
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 c sour cream
- 2 c mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 c cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 green onion, sliced
- Cut baked potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Place half in a greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half the salt,pepper and bacon.
- Top with half the sour cream and then the cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Sprinkle with the sliced onion.